Tuesday 27 March 2012

Cairns Regional Council | Why I nominated | Ross Parisi


Today I have announced that I have nominated for a seat on the Cairns Regional Council, Division 9.  Born and bred in Cairns, I have been involved in public life since the age of twenty three when I was first elected to the Mulgrave Shire Council in 1976. I continue to hold a passion for the betterment of our community and I will endeavour to achieve positive change. 

As a sugar cane farm manager in the Barron River Delta I nurture the earth and as such I have a special affinity with the environment. I am currently studying politics and international affairs at James Cook University. I am a Justice of the Peace and a Commissioner for Declarations.

Numerous requests for me to stand for office from individuals in the Greater Cairns and in particular by the  Division 9 community led me to nominate. 

In tough financial times, experience counts.  I will, if elected, hit the ground running.  My priorities will be honest and forceful representation, value for the rate dollar, financial equity between Division and working towards a vision which has at its core, balanced and sustainable development.

I have witnessed a community divided over the Cairns Entertainment Precinct ( CEP ). With the election of the LNP this issue needs to be revisited. I want to be a steadying hand on the CEP and as decisions are made about our city’s future.


COMMUNITY INTERACTION 1976 - 2012

* 14 years as an elected Councillor for the Mulgrave Shire Council

* I0 years as President of Friends of the Flecker Botanic Gardens

* Chairperson of Friends of Cairns Community Radio 4CCR 89.1 FM

* Council representative on the Cairns Hospital Board

* Council representative on the Cairns Fire Brigade Board

* Chairperson of the Smithfield Ambulance Sub Committee

* Chairperson of Cairns Forum - a Cairns think tank

* Member of Val Schier ‘Cairns 1st’ public policy development unit

* Chairperson of Xavier Herbert's House preservation Committee

* Chairperson of Smithfield Ratepayers and Resident Association

* Trustee of the Freshwater Pony Club

* Trustee of the Trinity Beach Sporting Trust

* Convener of Friends of Munro Martin Park

* Justice of the Peace and Commissioner of Declaration since 1985

Ross Parisi
27/03/12

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for finally writing about > "Cairns Regional Council | Why I nominated | Ross Parisi" < Liked it!

    Feel free to surf to my site ... ideal waist to
    hip ratio

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.